2. Do Not Check Your Email Or Phone For At Least An HourDo you sleep with your cell phone next to you and grab for it first thing when you wake? This is not a good habit. If you choose to resist the temptation to check your email and Facebook feed until at least an hour after waking up, you'll find that your mind is more clear, focused and happy.
3. Think Of One Thing For Which You Have GratitudeThis sets the stage for positivity throughout the day. If you come up with three or five things, even better.
4. Step Outside And Take A Deep BreathFill your lungs with fresh air. Even if it’s cold outside. This only takes 10 seconds! It reminds you that you are alive and breathing.
5. Move Your BodyYou don’t necessarily have to do an intense workout before breakfast, but moving your body even a little is a great way to get the blood flowing and shake the body into wake-up mode. Simply doing a few stretches is a great option. Or turn on your favorite song and dance like no one is watching.
6. Take Time To Eat A Healthy BreakfastRather than reaching for a box of cereal, focus on getting real foods in your body. Eggs, soaked oats, and smoothies are all great options. (And they really don’t take that much time to prepare.) Try it out.
7. Say Your AffirmationsLook into the mirror and say something positive to yourself. Some ideas:
My alarm is set to the song "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. It’s impossible to not smile when this song plays. This, combined with the other habits below, set the tone for a productive, happy and healthy day. Krista Butler